Parent Central Services
The Parent Central Services (PCS) office operates as a one-stop child/youth registration point for all delivery systems. Parent Central Services is your first stop for information, registration, enrollments and referrals.
Registration, enrollment and program orientation are required for participation in Child and Youth Services (CYS) programs. Webtrac makes it easy for parents to start the registration process with Child and Youth Services.
Visit MWR Online Services Page to reserve hourly care, make payments, sign up for activities, view child care statements and much more!
CYS now offers a new online pre-registration service to begin the registration process, to pay your child care bill and more. PCS will assign you an initial username and password. Once you sign in for the first time you will be asked to personalize your account and you will have access to all of our online services which include: bill payment, tax forms, receipts, class sign-ups and much more. Follow the links below for complete instructions.
Registration requires patrons to provide the following:
- child’s up-to-date immunization record
- proof of family income (LES/pay statements for all adults in the household)
- child’s health assessment/physical
- 2 local emergency designees and telephone numbers
- Family Care Plan (applicable branch of service format) – dual or single military only
Registration cannot be completed without all current, required information. (It is essential that local emergency contact data be kept current at all times.) All registration information must be updated annually. Failure to do so will result in denial of program participation.
Program fee sheets and descriptions of available discounts are available at PCS and facility front desks for Family review.
Childcare waitlists will be established when enrollment of a particular age group has reached capacity. Priority on the waitlist is given in accordance with DoDI6060.02 dated August 5, 2014. Families expecting a child are encouraged to complete the waitlist application on militarychildcare.com as soon as possible as infant care has a long waiting time for placement. For more information, please see How to Request Child Care section below.
Families who notify the Parent Central Services office when they deploy will be placed on the waiting list if requested. Withdrawal forms, required for disenrollment from any CYS program, are available at all sites. Note: this is only applicable if family is leaving post during deployment.
Once registered and a space has been offered, you may enroll in a program. Once a space is accepted (enrolled in), a 10% non-refundable initial fee payment is required to secure the space.
Families must attend a parent orientation prior to starting in the program. Check with Parent Central Services for specific times and dates for parent orientation at each program location.
- How to Request Child Care
The new DoD site, MilitaryChildCare.com (MCC), offers a more streamlined approach to finding/requesting child care and provides reports that help programs better plan for future placement needs.
MCC provides a single online gateway for families to access military-operated or military-subsidized child care options worldwide across all Services. The site enables families to create a household profile, conduct child care searches, submit requests for care, and manage their requests at any time and from any location.
To request child care, the first step is to go to www.militarychildcare.com, create an account containing information about your family, or login using an existing username and password. This simple step establishes your user ID for the child care system, allowing you to take advantage of its many benefits for your family. For additional information or assistance please contact Parent Central Services at (315)772-8675.
The Installation will establish a waitlist when the spaces for each child age group are filled and there are no additional spaces to offer. The waitlist is limited to patrons who are still actively seeking child care.
When a space becomes available, patrons are offered a viable space. A viable space is defined as any opening within the CYS delivery system to include Child Development Centers, Family Child Care Homes, School Age Centers, Homes Off-Post and Community Based Programs.
Children transferring to the Installation whose parents have requested care prior to arrival are placed on the Projected Demand Sub-waiting List. This list is maintained by sponsor priority for care and date of request for care. Parents must update their information every 90 days to remain on the list.
- Fee Information
In addition to Child Development Center fees, the DoD 2016–2017 Fee Policy covers all Child and Youth Services Programs, including: Full Day, Part Day, Part Time, School Age, Hourly Care, Family Child Care Homes, Instructional Programs, Youth Services, and Youth Sports. The policy components for FY16–17 are:
- Child Development Center (CDC) Families may select a 2 or 4 week Leave/Vacation Fee Plan for each child enrolled in regularly scheduled child care programs. Selection will ONLY occur during the Family’s initial registration or re-registration for the upcoming 12 months. Once a Leave/Vacation Fee Plan is selected, it remains in effect for the entire registration year (12 months).
- Patrons provide their Total Family Income (TFI) information as part of their annual registration/re-registration process. The current TFI categories have been adjusted from last year to reflect a weighted average of the proposed military and civilian pay increases. The standard fee structure further clarifies the changes. Local Child & Youth Programs will provide additional information and assistance.
- Families with more than one child in full-day programs will receive a multiple child reduction discount, regardless of total family income. Army Family Covenant fee reductions are in effect, while military parents are deployed.
- Our Parent Participation program allows parents to earn a fee reduction for volunteering a minimum of 10 hours (10 points) to receive 10% reduction on one month’s fee for one child, generally in their own child’s program or on behalf of the entire CYS program. If a parent has earned 20 points, then the 10% fee reduction may be applied for one child over a 2 month period or applied for two separate children during the same month. The Garrison Commander may authorize additional fee reductions for Families with temporary, documented financial hardships.
- Forms and Links
Health Assessment (Parts A, B, & C or Part A & School Physical – Due within 30 days of enrollment)
Health Screening Tool (To record/evaluate child's allergies, medical/physical conditions, etc.)
USDA Income Eligibility Form (Allows CYS to receive additional funding to support meals/snacks provided each day)
Additional Forms (not applicable for all children)
- Additional Outreach Services
Additional Outreach Services include:
- Resource and Referral: Assists Families in locating off post childcare options and information on childcare availability at other military installations.
- Volunteer Services: A central point of contact for volunteers within any CYS program.
- Parent Education: Outreach Services assists with parent education, as requested, at CYS facilities and makes available any resources on hand that may benefit parents in CYS programming.
- Babysitter Referral Service: Maintains teenage/adult referral list for Families interested in this childcare option. CYS provides babysitter classes and training for ages 12+.
- Kids on Site (KOS): For special group functions where all parents remain on site. CYS staff or organization provides childcare. Cost is based on the number of staff contracted.
- Volunteer Child Care in Unit Settings (VCCUS): Participants are trained to provide childcare in a group setting, enabling units or other installation organizations to hold meetings/functions and provide their own childcare in approved sites.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|U.S. Holidays & CYS Training Days||Closed|