Parent Central Services
- Register with Child & Youth Services
Registration, enrollment and program orientation are required for participation in Child and Youth Services (CYS) programs.
Registration = creating an account with Parent Central Services
Enrollment = signing up for a specific program, sport, or class
For part-time, full-time, and before- and after-school care, the first step is to request care. To do this, create a household profile on militarychildcare.com (MCC), if you don't already have one. From there, you can request the type of care you want, the center(s) you'd like your child to attend, as well as be placed on the waitlist for care. Enrollment in sports programs and hourly care does not require an MCC account. See the How to Request Part-Time and Full-Time Child Care section below for more information.
Then, regardless of the type of care requested, all Families must register each child with Child and Youth Services and attend a registration appointment at the Parent Central Services (PCS) office.
At your registration appointment at PCS, patrons must provide the following:
- Child’s up-to-date immunization record
- Proof of family income (LES/pay statements for all adults in the household)
- Child’s health assessment/physical
- At least two local emergency designees and telephone numbers
To make a registration appointment, call Parent Central Services at (315)772-8675. See the Registration Forms and Documents section below to print all forms required for this appointment. PCS staff may print other documents unique to your household at the time of your appointment that are not available online.
Registration cannot be completed without all current, required information. (It is essential that local emergency contact data be kept current at all times. All registration information must be updated annually at a re-registration appointment. Failure to do so will result in denial of program participation.
Once registered and a space has been offered, you may enroll in a program. Once a space is accepted (enrolled in), a 10% non-refundable initial fee payment is required to secure the space.
Families must attend a parent orientation prior to starting in the program. Check with Parent Central Services for specific times and dates for parent orientation at each program location.
Webtrac is our online portal that makes it easy for parents to pre-register and upload documents online. Go to Webtrac and create your account. Once you sign in for the first time, you will be asked to personalize your account. You then will have access to all of our online services, including: uploading documents, bill payment, tax forms, receipts, class sign-ups, and much more. Follow the links below for complete instructions.
For single or dual military Families, a Family Care Plan will be required after enrollment in a part-time or full-time program. This is due no later than 30 days after enrollment occurs.
Program fee sheets and descriptions of available discounts are posted below in the Fee Information section and at PCS and facility front desks.
Childcare waitlists will be established when enrollment of a particular age group has reached capacity. Priority on the waitlist is given in accordance to DoDI6060.02 dated August 5, 2014. Families expecting a child are encouraged to complete the waitlist application on militarychildcare.com as soon as possible, as infant care has a long waiting time for placement. For more information, please see the How to Request Part-Time and Full-Time Child Care section below.
Families who are leaving Fort Drum while their Soldier is deployed must access militarychildcare.com to be placed on the waitlist for care when they return to post after the deployment. As a reminder, withdrawal forms are required for disenrollment from any CYS program and are available at all child care facilities.
- How to Request Part-Time and Full-Time Child Care
The DoD site, militarychildcare.com (MCC), offers a more streamlined approach to finding/requesting part-time, full-time, or before- and after-school child care, and provides reports that help programs better plan for future placement needs.
MCC provides a single online gateway for families to access military-operated or military-subsidized child care options worldwide across all Services. The site enables families to create a household profile, conduct child care searches, submit requests for care, and manage their requests at any time and from any location.
To request child care, the first step is to go to www.militarychildcare.com, create an account containing information about your family, or login using an existing username and password. This simple step establishes your user ID for the child care system, allowing you to take advantage of its many benefits for your family. For additional information or assistance please contact Parent Central Services at (315)772-8675.
The Installation will establish a waitlist when the spaces for each child age group are filled and there are no additional spaces to offer. The waitlist is limited to patrons who are still actively seeking child care.
When a space becomes available, patrons are offered a viable space. A viable space is defined as any opening within the CYS delivery system to include Child Development Centers, Family Child Care Homes, School Age Centers, Homes Off-Post and Community Based Programs.
Children transferring to the Installation whose parents have requested care prior to arrival are placed on the Projected Demand Sub-waiting List. This list is maintained by sponsor priority for care and date of request for care. Parents must update their information every 30 days to remain on the list.
- Fee Information
In addition to Child Development Center fees, the DoD 2017–2018 Fee Policy covers all Child and Youth Services Programs, including: Full-Time Part-Time, School Age, Hourly Care, Family Child Care Homes, Instructional Programs, Youth Services, and Youth Sports. The policy components for FY17–18 are:
- Child Development Center (CDC) Families may select a 2 or 4 week Leave/Vacation Fee Plan for each child enrolled in regularly scheduled child care programs. Selection will ONLY occur during the Family’s initial enrollement and then at re-registration for the upcoming 12 months. Once a Leave/Vacation Fee Plan is selected, it remains in effect for the entire registration year.
- Patrons provide their Total Family Income (TFI) information as part of their annual registration/re-registration process. The current TFI categories have been adjusted from last year to reflect a weighted average of the proposed military and civilian pay increases. The standard fee structure further clarifies the changes. Local Child & Youth Programs will provide additional information and assistance.
- Families with more than one child in full-day programs will receive a multiple child reduction discount, regardless of total family income. Deployment Support Services fee reductions are in effect, while military parents are deployed.
- Our Parent Participation program allows parents to earn a fee reduction for volunteering a minimum of 10 hours (10 points) to receive 10% reduction on one month’s fee for one child, generally in their own child’s program or on behalf of the entire CYS program. If a parent has earned 20 points, then the 10% fee reduction may be applied for one child over a 2 month period or applied for two separate children during the same month. The Garrison Commander may authorize additional fee reductions for Families with temporary, documented financial hardships.
- Registration Forms and Documents
In addition to the forms below, parents must also bring each child's immunization record(s), proof of household income (LES/pay statements for all adults in the household), and full contact information for at least two local emergency designees. Other forms may be printed or provided at the time of appointment.
Health Assessment (Parts A, B, & C or Part A & School Physical – Due within 30 days of enrollment)
Health Screening Tool (To record/evaluate child's allergies, medical/physical conditions, etc.)
Additional Forms (not applicable for all children)
- Additional Outreach Services
Additional Outreach Services include:
- Resource and Referral: Assists Families in locating off post childcare options and information on childcare availability at other military installations.
- Volunteer Services: A central point of contact for volunteers within any CYS program.
- Parent Education: Outreach Services assists with parent education, as requested, at CYS facilities and makes available any resources on hand that may benefit parents in CYS programming.
- Babysitter Referral Service: Maintains teenage/adult referral list for Families interested in this childcare option. CYS provides babysitter classes and training for ages 12+.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|U.S. Holidays & CYS Training Days||Closed|
The Parent Central Services (PCS) office is a one-stop child and youth registration point for all Child and Youth Services (CYS) activities. PCS is your first stop for information, registration, enrollment, and referrals.