- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where does the property come from?
The Non-Appropriated Funds (NAF) property typically comes from various FMWR programs. NAF property can legally be sold at a public auction in an “as-is” serviceable condition.
2. How does the auction work? How do I bid? Can I bid on more than one item?
- When you come to the auction you will fill out a “Bidder Registration Form” which will list your best day-time phone number. Once complete, the staff will assign you your unique “bid number” which you will use when bidding on items.
- You are allowed to walk around and look at all of the items anytime between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. – the minimum bid for each item will be listed on each item.
- If you choose to bid on an item there will be a clipboard assigned to each item with its item number and name. You can write in your “Last Name” and your “Assigned Bid Number” next to the amount you would like to bid for that item.
- You can bid on as many items as you would like. If you are the top bidder on any you will receive a call and at that time you will finalize the items you wish to take. You can also pass the bid to the next highest bidder if you do not want all of the items you bid on. We will only attempt two phone calls so be sure to keep your phone on you the week following the auction.
- You can pay over the phone with a card at that time or in person within 24 hours. You will be provided a Bill of Sale and receipt.
- You must also pick up the item(s) within 24 hours or a storage fee will be applied. You must present your Bill of Sale to pick up an item.
*If you bid on multiple items you may be called multiple times. Some bidders will pass on items once they are called and you could be the next top bidder at that time. We will inform you at the time of your call of any items you are the top bidder on but can not discuss where you are on the list for other items.
3. When will I be called? How do I pay? How long do I have to get the item once my bid is accepted?
The highest bidder will be notified by phone starting on Monday. Typically you are called within one week of the end of the auction.
Once you are notified by phone and accept your item you may pay over the phone with a credit card or in person with cash or money order at the Magrath Sports Complex (10500 Tigris River Valley Road). You then have 24 hours to pick up your item. Hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
4. How do I pick up my item from the auction lot after I pay?
You are responsible for removing your item within 24 hours of purchase or a $20/day storage fee will start. Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. are normal hours of operation. You must show your Bill of Sale for your items to be picked up. Outdoor Recreation (315.772.8222) rents trailers to DoD cardholders, if needed.
5. Can civilians from the local community come to the auction?
Yes. Anyone from the local community can attend the auction by being vetted at the Visitor Control Center which is located just outside the LTG Paul Cerjan main gate at the end of Interstate 781. You will need your driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance at that time. This typically takes a few minutes but can sometimes take upwards of 30+ minutes if busy. View the Fitness Equipment & Property Silent Auction Map.
6. Is there a minimum bid?
Yes, all items have a minimum bid and they will be listed on each item.
Fort Drum FMWR holds auctions for our excess used fitness equipment and property, as needed.
All Equipment is Sold AS-IS in serviceable condition. DFMWR MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE CONDITION OF ANY EQUIPMENT SOLD. BUYERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PICK UP OF EQUIPMENT THE WEEK FOLLOWING THE AUCTION. Minimum starting bid is posted on each piece of equipment. You must place your bid in person after completing a bidder registration form. Equipment can be viewed at Magrath Sports Complex (10050 Tigris River Valley Road) on auction days only. Bids will be reviewed starting Monday after the auction and winning bidders will be notified by telephone. Winning bids must be paid for with cash, money order, or credit card within 24 hours of notification and all equipment must be removed within 24 hours of notification. You will receive a bill of sale upon payment. Storage fee of $20/day will begin accruing 24 hours after notification.
Our next auction is: October 13 & 14, 2023 at Magrath Sports Complex (10050 Tigris River Valley Road)
This auction will have a variety of cardio equipment and property.
Check out our social media posts for any additional details and pictures closer to the event or call 315.772.6663 for more information or inquire at one of our FMWR fitness facilities.
Next Auction: October 13 & 14, 2023
(Final list will be updated a few weeks before the auction)
Connect With Us!
Follow us and be notified of all auction announcements!